Tuesday 13 August 2013

Natasha's Fan Fiction -draft (not finished obviously)

My Dearest Gatsby,

Oh how I miss you Gatsby. You were always the same young man I first met in our younger years. I never meant for this to happen to you, because I thought we would love each other forever and ever and ever and grow old together. That was the plan wasn’t it? We loved each other didn’t we? It may have seemed like I didn’t love you the way you loved me but I did Jay, I really did.

I have always thought about you, and you and I, and our happy lives together, you and I. I still think about us today. My life is nothing but dull, dead, and boring. Tom doesn’t love me like you do, and he still has a number of mistresses that he thinks I don’t know about.

Why didn’t I listen to you Jay, why? Why didn’t I just leave Tom, that heartless, heartless man I call my soul mate, my husband. My life is full of regret, even more now you have left me here, alone. Tom barely talks to me, he ignores me actually. It hurts. My heart, it hurts now you’re not here. Oh how I miss you Gatsby.

I heard about your funeral. I got letters from Nick regarding the day, yet I ignored them. Only because of Tom though, because I love you Jay. I would have come, but it is complicated at home, and my life was less than perfect and you know I need perfection. I couldn’t handle that you were gone so fast. You meant, and you mean so much to me, and I couldn’t have been able to control my emotions in front of everyone else there. I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry.

I miss you Gatsby. I really, really do. I don’t know how I will ever be the same without you, or if I could ever be in love with any other man. I will always love you, and I want you to know that I regret leaving you when we were younger, my mind got the better of me, and I didn’t realise my love for you until now.


With love,
Daisy Buchannan

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

To My Friend Jay,

Oh Jay, you have gone too soon. You did not deserve to go like this. You were a decent man, with a good, generous heart. Everyone else didn’t know the Jay Gatsby that I knew. A mysterious man, with a trunk full of money, a mansion, and raging parties was not the true Jay. The Jay I knew, was determined, and strived for the things he wanted, and to achieve his dreams. Though you may have been too determined at times, that the dream of winning the love of your life back, blinded you, losing who you were, leading you to take dangerous risks, resulting in an unfortunate death, and I don’t mean yours Jay.

I tried telling you, warning you that you cannot repeat the past, as everything changes and people change. But Daisy was the only thing on your mind ever since the relationship between you two in your younger years. I know you loved her, and she is the reason behind those Saturday night parties, but clearly, she had moved on with her life, with a husband, and a young daughter. She may have said things and done things to you that gave you the idea that things could be back to the way they used to be, but Daisy and Tom are the type of people, whose lives are perfect to others, but no matter how much they own, or how much money they have, they will always want more and will never be grateful for what they have. Their lives are actually dull and uneventful, and they will do things that can mess up other people’s lives, and then leave at the drop of a hat, without feelings of guilt. Heartless, heartless people you may call them, heartless indeed.

                You Gatsby, being the loyal man you are, saw nothing of this carry on and betrayal, and saw Daisy’s positive attributes over her negative.


                Yours Sincerely,
Nick Carraway


----------------------------------------------------------------------------

To My Son,

                I haven’t seen you in a very long time, I am glad to be near you once again. It makes me upset that it is on these circumstances though. To be honest son, the last time I saw you I wouldn’t have thought your life would end up like this, living in a mansion with butlers and maids, the host of famous Saturday night parties, and having the amount of money that you had. Who would’ve thought a young boy from a poor family in Minnesota would grow up to live a life full of luxury. I guess the book you called your schedule helped you leave and earn a life like this.

                I am very proud of you James. Almost every day I stare at the picture I keep in my jacket pocket of where you live, and I think about the life you have now and feel disappointed in myself that I couldn’t have given you that myself, as a father. I wanted you to know that me and your mother only wanted the best for you, and we did truly try our hardest to raise you up in the nicest environment we could. We did try son.

                I wanted you to know that we just wanted the best for you. If I only you knew that James. I wish I could have told you that and spoken to you before now, I regret it. I miss you, and I will always love you James.


Until we meet again,
Henry C. Gatz


5 comments:

  1. looking goooooood tash!! the beginning of daisys letter is fantastic. I instantly found myself picturing he saying the line 'oh how I miss you gatsby'. at points of her letter you use fantastic language, but some parts deviate a little from the writing style your trying to show such as using the word 'boring' sounds a little to casual to me.

    Nicks letter is awesome as well. you showed his feelings towards jay really well without taking it too far.

    loving your direction :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good! Thanks for the feedback, I was actually a bit worried with the direction I was going because it would be difficult to get across the different voices and attitudes of each character, but the film helps with that a bit.

    When I develop it more I will use some better language, I was also trying to make Daisy's letter sound basic as she makes some pretty unnecessary comments!

    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhhh yes good point!! cant wait to see the finished product!!

      Delete
  3. Good Job Tash!!! I really liked your first letter because the voice of Daisy really came through, it was really girlish and semi annoying (in a good way) like she is and it was very authentic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I tried to make it sound annoying as she is pretty annoying in both the film and the novel. Thanks for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete